Saturday, October 2, 2010

Albright Knox Artwork

1.

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9



A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? (#'s 1, 2 and 7)
                Painting #1 is a photograph of the Erie Lakawanna Railroad. This made an impression on me because it is about a place that I live close to. It is a beautiful photograph of what used to be.
               Painting #2 is a photograph of the Statue of Liberty from far in the distance. This picture is beautiful. It seems like the photographer is trying to make a point because the scenery surrounding the Statue of Liberty looks all dishevled and destroyed. It's beautiful.
              Painting # 7 is a painting named The Coming Storm. The painting is just so powerful. It makes me think of the end of the world. B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why? (3, 5 and 9)
             Artwork #3 is a painting of the Buffalo Harbor. I feel a connection with it because I have been to the Buffalo Harbor and to just think, that the Buffalo Harbor used to look like that, it is absolutely gorgeous. I love it!
            Artwork #5 is a painting of Niagara Falls from Goat Island. Again, I feel connected with this painting because I have been to Goat Island and have watched the Falls in the same way.
           Artwork #9 is another painting of Niagara Falls. I just love paintings and photographs of scenery and nature. I just cannot stop loving all of these scenic paintings, especially because they are of my hometown.

C.) Which artworks would I like to know more about? Why? (4, 6 and 8)
            Artwork #4 is a drawing entitled Lancaster. I would like to know more of this photo because if it is meant to represent Lancaster, NY, then I would like to know more because i live in Lancaster, NY.
          Artwork # 6 is entitled Victoria. I would like to know where this painting was painted and why it was entitled Victoria.
         Artwork #8 is a painting of Niagara Falls and Goat Island. I would like to know on which side of the Falls this was painted. Whether it be the Canadian side or the American side.

3 comments:

  1. I love the artwork you picked out! I love the ones of Niagara Falls. I also chose one from Niagara Falls, because it is my hometown too. The paintings really capture the beauty of the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, you and I had not one of the same photos. In fact I dont even remember seeing most of these. I think your renditions are excellent. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the photos i wish you could have capture my images as well, but i also like the Niagra Falls photo, its just something about the beautiful running water that brings out its effects.

    ReplyDelete